Adobe has announced that Lightroom 1.0 is now available for pre-order in the U.S. and Canada and will ship mid-February at an introductory price of $199 through April 30th (regular price $299). The beta version of Lightroom expires February 28th.
New features in 1.0 include:
- New advanced keywording tools
- An improved import dialogue with more flexible file handling
- New Key Metadata Browser provides quick access to key information tags with an improved ranking and rating system that now incorporates color labels and a pick/reject system
- Virtual Copies and Snapshot tools help present multiple versions of the same image
- Hue, Saturation and Luminance targeted adjustment tool for precise and intuitive image edits
- Clone and Healing features provide non-destructive edits to eliminate sensor dust across one or many images