If you’re looking for something requiring a little less commitment…
- Epic Edits is sponsoring an “Actions and Presets” project with over $1,000 in prizes. Just create a cool action or preset, share it, and win!
- Beyond Megapixels shares a really fun project for creating a photo booth in your home for unique holiday photos.
- ‘Tis the season for Christmas shooting tips. Here are a couple more from Strobist and Ars Technica.
- Jared Luke shares how he shot a great low-key portrait in How I Took It.
- This may be the best reason of all to always keep your camera with you. You never know when your “National Geographic moment” may happen.
- “Annie Leibovitz at Work,” a newly published retrospective of the iconic photographer’s 40-year career, captures her moments between moments.
- Polaroid just can’t catch a break. Only 9 days until they stop selling instant film.
- Must see: The Big Picture’s three part series 2008 in photographs. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- And finally, from the “I roll my eyes at you” department. An iPhone app for creating phony tilt-shift photos.