- 1950s pinup icon Bettie Page has died. She was 85.
- Beauty comes from within. Nick Veasey uses x-ray technology to create mesmerizing and intriguing art. In a world obsessed with superficial appearance it is a refreshing change to be able to look beyond the surface.
- Polaroid will stop making instant film on December 31st. More info, petitions, and FAQs at Save Polaroid. (Or you could totally stockpile instant film now and Ebay it later—I’m just saying.)
- What makes photographers click? Pix Channel is an ongoing series of vignettes that explore the creative process of iconic photographers in their own words. Fascinating and inspiring and highly recommended viewing.
- Photojojo provides some welcome inspiration for creating unique and rule-breaking family portraits.
- From Brazil to Chernobyl to Los Angeles, check out this impressive collection of photos taken from the air.
- Bryan, the recipient of a free Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens rental, shares his review of the lens and some great photos he took with it.